Monday, December 13, 2010

Joy

(Please excuse the rambling, I reference my blog when I forget. :) )

She is just that...Joy! I love her so much. She is constantly doing something to make me smile. She is in such a learning stage and it amazes me how much a 2 year old can comprehend. I think she's going to be a smartie, but that's just her Mommy speaking! :)
Her speech still needs lots of translating for those who aren't around her much, but I understand. I'm in no hurry to move her along, either. Her thing now is to pretend dumb when she thinks she might be in trouble. LOL! I ask her what she's doing and she always says, "What, huh?" over and over.
She loves to sing and play the piano and many times ask me to sit and play with her. She knows how to pray for her meal and sings Jesus Love Is Bubblin' Over, Joy Down in My Heart, Deep & Wide, I'm So Happy, ABC's, and she's been singing along with many Christmas songs. She knows Jingle Bell Rock the best! HA HA!
If you do something, even just playing around, she will remember it days down the road and repeat it. Keeps me on my toes to not teach her anything wrong!
She is definitely equally Daddy and Mommy's girl. This morning she woke up early scared and she wanted nothing to do with me. Apparently, she needed Daddy to protect her from a dream (which, btw, he got me shot in my dream b/c he decided to go chasing druggies...oh, the pregnancy dreams).
She is a social bug and loves to go to church. She plays shy with a lot of the grown ups, but loves the kids. She is always asking if someone is coming over.
God has blessed me with a special girl and I'm so glad He picked me to be her Mommy! 

3 comments:

Peggy B. said...

She is taking after Papaw Mark. They thought he couldn't hear until he blew his cover one day, with I no hear you Mamaw. He had convenient hearing even after he grew up.

ng said...

Joy indeed!!!

Nettie's Nook said...

She is definitely a special little girl. I'm glad that Livy has her to play with..