WARNING: I do not claim to be a writer and sometimes my words do not make sense to anyone but me! Read with discretion! :)
"I have a dream..."
"I have a dream..."
Ok, so maybe it's not a life changing, world peace making, noble peace prize winning dream, but it's still very special to me! :)
For a very long time, I have wanted to be a photographer. I can remember riding in the car thinking, "what a great place for a picture,"...or, looking through magazines/books and wanting to try their tips and techniques...or browsing blogs and seeing them capture someone's special moments in their lives and itching to do the same. I guess you could say it's in my blood because my dad used to do photography in his younger years and so that makes it even more special to me.
This past year, my very special hubby has helped make part of that dream come true! He bought me my camera and even sold some of his prized possessions to boot (ok, so maybe he had double of them, but for the packrat that he is...lol!) He has been incredibly supportive and even when I didn't believe in myself kept encouraging me to keep going...him and my mama! He's the one who says, "YES! You need to take that job/opportunity!"
I guess sometimes reality kicks in and even people (shame on them!...LOL!) sometimes discourage you from trying out the things you love. It took a very long time for my dream to even peek through as a reality and I'm still not quite where I'd love to be. However, I have learned many things over the past year and am looking forward to more!
I do not claim to be great, awesome, or even good!! But, I'm pursuing a dream and having a great time doing so! I suppose you can correct me if I'm wrong (nicely), but I think God gives us these desires and interests. It makes us who we are...it would be such a boring place if we were all the same!

The church where I 2nd shot a wedding this past weekend!
8 comments:
Follow your dream & your heart, Jenny. You are already showing that you have a gift for photography! Have you taken any classes? I know that some are offered at IUPUI, & I've always thought about taking them. They just last a couple of weeks.---And you are a great writer too!
This is so exciting, Jenny! Good for you :)
Way to go! As long as God and the hubby are happy don't worry about everyone else! Happy Snapping!:)
I really like the way the clouds are reflected in the windows. You are doing a good job, and this will be a way you can supplement your income and still be a stay at home mommy. You are doing a good job. Keep up the good work. Dad would be bragging all over work that his daughter was a photographer. He was proud of all 3 of his girls. He would have been very interested in what you are doing as well as Deb, Rachel and him would have talked and talked about medical. The people at work said he was always talking about his family.
Better watch that boy --- he's probably racking up interest and hidden fees on that "loan" he gave you --- to get more money to packrat more "junk"!
yay for you! you do a great job!
You are so talented go ahead and follow that dream. You never know what lies ahead. You are so blessed to have a husband that believes in you. I hear so much of the other from girls at work.God is definitely smiling down on your life.
Jenny- go ahead and keep pursuing your dream. A lot of folks never seem to realize their dreams-some for lack of trying, others just lack that boost from someone who thinks they can actually do it! I think you're doing well and photography is such a fun thing. I think a lot of the charm in photography is the imagination!
Post a Comment