Anyone, besides me, ever have too many projects going on? You know if you'd stick with one and finish it before starting another one it would get done faster? Well, that's boring! :) I went ahead and started project #578!
Enter in boring lamp from GW and equally boring lampshade from OTP. (I'm trying hard to use things I already have, but can either disguise or give a good spray painting to!) The lamp has been sitting in Arilynn's room, but we don't ever use it. So, I got the cheapest shade I could find. I LUV Old Time Pottery!

Burned fingers and glue hair came next.
I had a ring of keys from Hobby Lobby, so I just removed one and tied it with twine.
You'll notice I didn't turn the light on! I did a patchwork dealy-bob on the shade and it shows through. Wurrrpss! Hey, no one said I was a professional!
Now, I'm off to see about some more spray painting.

I had a ring of keys from Hobby Lobby, so I just removed one and tied it with twine.

You'll notice I didn't turn the light on! I did a patchwork dealy-bob on the shade and it shows through. Wurrrpss! Hey, no one said I was a professional!
Now, I'm off to see about some more spray painting.

5 comments:
Way to be creative!! I'm going to re-do the lamp shades for our bedroom here soon... any pointers on this project? I'm covering mine with burlap...well, should it look ok =)
Which room is it for? Looks great!
Yeah, I definately had some roasted finger tips while redoing mine...finally got a pen and used it to roll the fabric in place...saved a few layers of skin!
Cute! I'm with ya - I think I have 679 projects going on...
Red ticking - how could you go wrong?
Post a Comment