Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Sign

Are you all tired of me yet? I guess I'm trying to figure out whether to keep the blog going or not.

Deb and I (still not sure how I talked her into it) went to Goodwill 1/2 off day this month. While we were making our way into the store a lady stopped in her car, rolled her window down and said "Come here." I approached cautiously because well, there are crazies out there. She then proceeded to ask if I had small children...um, maybe?! She then told us she was getting ready to make a donation to the gw and wanted to know if we wanted anything out of the back of her car. So we took a look and ended up with a brand new game, 5 or 6 of these wooden shapes, and a $50 train set. It ain't everyday someone offers you free stuff!

I had been wanting a sign like this for awhile and been to Hobby Lobby to buy a piece of wood. They weren't on sale and one knows you never buy anything there full price because it always goes on sale. Guess free works, too! :)

It was a quick make and anyone can do it. So easy. The tutorial can be found here.



Not sure if this is where it's staying, but it was convenient for the picture. Goodness knows, it can't go in the first place I put it. I have to change my mind about 5 times usually. 

10 comments:

Peggy B. said...

You must keep the blog going. In fact, you should blog everyday.

Unknown said...

My life is definitely not that exciting!!

Shel Bel said...

Yes, PLEASE keeping blogging!!!!

Dixie said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You have such great creative ideas

Brenda said...

I love this sign! One day, I WILL make one.

Sheila said...

Of course you need to keep your blog going! Hope else am I going to spy on you? ;) Cute sign! I'm going to make myself one...one of these days.

And what a nice lady in the GW parking lot! One time I was taking things to San Souci. I had a wooden plant stand that I was taking out of the car trunk. A lady next to me asked if she could have it and I said "sure"! I didn't care. Well, an employee really got after me about it. I "kindly" told her that it was still mine & I could give it to whoever I wanted. She wasn't pleased.

Charity said...

I love seeing your ideas - both your creations and your decor!! Love the sign! :) And hooray for free stuff!!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Great looking sign...and please don't stop blogging! I've finally posted again...thanks to my daughter's request. Never know who your posts may help. =)

Karen Walden said...

Yes, definitely keep blogging! Especially since you are moving so far away!

Brittany said...

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky. Free is always good! Don't even think of stopping blogging - you're my source of inspiration =)Love the sign - just may have to make one for myself ;)