Thursday, May 8, 2014

WV Hills

On Monday we took a family day out and explored some new territory. We passed a sign about an overlook, so on our way back home we decided to stop. I'm scared of heights and having no idea what we were getting into, I started barking out orders of holding hands and not letting the kids out of our sights. HA! We followed the wooden path and stopped at the first deck.
We had just crossed over the bridge and looking down was reeeeally far. There were some more steps leading further down, so we decided to check it out.
Going down was easy...
...coming back up alerted me of some new muscles I had.
It was definitely pretty! I would love to see it in the fall.





3 comments:

Nina said...

Yes, your part of WV is certainly beautiful!

Dixie said...

So is this the New River Gorge area? Sure looks like it. If so I grew up a couple hours from there. Several years we went for Bridge day... where they partially close the bridge and parachute off. Fun memories for me.

Carrie said...

We visited here last summer on vacation! It certainly is a beautiful area!