Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Alive & Kickin'...


Yes, I'm still alive! and kickin'...or at least I'd like to...never mind...it's been kinda one of those times. Nevertheless I'm still here! I will try not to post a book, but lots has happened.
Let's see...my in-laws came over and we had a good time with them. We went Christmas shopping ALL day Saturday, starting out in Brown County and ending up in Greenwood with a few stops in between (that were not worth it in my humble opinion).
Aside from that I had to let one of my students go last week because he just wasn't ready and my principal got a "Tongue-lashing" from his mother trying to put blame on another student that had NOOOOOO connection whatsoever! Wow! That was one long run-on sentence....Anyhoo, I'm leaving out lots of juicy details on that one....(by the way...I was told I thought I ran a military in my classroom, so I hope you're sitting up straight while you're reading this or I will be out to get you. MUA-HA-HA!)
Then on Monday we had a ladies meeting from church, my birthday was yesterday and Wesley took me out to eat, and tonight was piano lessons (I'll never be able to figure out how to play the bass notes from the hymn...Joy to the World...how do you do it...very confusing and frustrating in my opinion...oops...I'm straying...)
Well, I hope this satisfies all those who really care... :) Have a wonderful chilly evening...I'm off to go run drills with the soldiers. Must whip them into shape! What was that?...Yes Ma'am...I can't hear you...YES MA'AM!!!!!

4 comments:

Jill Murray said...

Drill seargeant??? Wow, I woulda never thought. Lol!!!! I about cracked up. Loved the evil laugh though. By the way, happy birthday! How old are you now? :) Hope you have a much better week.

Unknown said...

Yea! You finally got your internet hooked up...I am 26...and you know what it's like living with me...IMPOSSIBLE!

Sherry said...

Well, you don't really know me but I will blab anyway! Usually the parents are more difficult than the kiddos! We had those kind of things when my mom and I worked there too. I think it is everywhere. We had one kid that wanted to quit because he could not read after the first day??? Might of had to do with him always being allowed to quit. He quit the guitar after 3 lessons~couldn't play it yet! Anyway, keep up the drills and it will all come out. They will thank you someday. My mom gets thanks quite a bit for sticking by the stuff!

Unknown said...

I agree on the parents being more difficult...I just pray when it's my turn that I'll remember what it's like to be on the other end...not that the teacher is always right b/c we're not, but that I'll maintain good relationships with them...;)