"It's really old!" was the man's reply as I chased him down in GW!
I saw him coming out of the back doors with it on his dolly. Could it be? I literally just about jumped up and down trying to get my husbands attention to get there. Pronto.
No? Fine, I'll stalk him myself. And, I did! LOL! I turned and was right behind him peeking over his blue shirted shoulder trying to find the price tag!
"Where do I fit this?" he mumbled to himself. By this time, Wes finally got my vibes and came up the aisle.
"I might want it!"
Price tag...CHA-CHING!!!!!
Wes-"How much?"
He didn't act overly excited, but my stomach was crawling with butterflies!! I've been wanting one of these forever! Secretly, he was excited, but I think he was acting nonchalant so they wouldn't jack the price up when they found out I was getting it for at least $250 less than I normally see them.
They marked it an "old dresser."
| (This house has seriously crookeditess!!! Thus, the props). |
How about a pie safe for $49.99????? Can I get a WHOO-HOO?!?!?
True it doesn't have the tin on the doors, but for me...it's perfect!
Add some fall decor...
...and the corner in my dining room has been filled!
(With exactly what I had wanted, but knew there was no way I would be able to afford one. Isn't God good?)
I'm thinking that I may add material behind the doors so I can hide junk in there. Not sure yet...






11 comments:
Oh, I love it Jenny!!! Didn't a lot of the old pie safes have screen on the doors instead of tin? I used to "pine" for one too...but eventually had our cabinet man build a reproduction. Don't cover up the doors--you will want to use it for display! Congratulations on the buy of the season!
I declare, I'm gonna have to go shopping with you so you can teach me a few things! :) That is so neat!!
I knew Mom would tell you not to cover up those doors!!! :)
Love, love, love it! Great find... and it looks like a perfect fit in your home.
I think the idea of material on the doors is a nice one. I would do one of those little round rods at the top and bottom on the inside and make the curtain full enough to bunch up like gathers. It would show through the screen. Lovely!
I LoVe it!! I would love to have one of those! Great price too! Glad you finally showed it off.:)
We must be a lot a like, I've always wanted one of those, too! That one is perfect, and I think it would make a great display piece with the doors left open - the screen is really cool. You've decorated the top beautifully. Oh, and I think just about every piece of furniture in our house is propped up on one side - the joy of an old house I guess :)
OMG that is a wonderful pie safe and I've never seen one anywhere near that cost. They are always $$$$. You scored! Congratulations and enjoy your great find.
Hope you'll stop by. Jane F.
WOW! This is really AWESOME! We would love to have one of thses as well. It is in GREAT shape!
I would say leave it open too! I LOVE it..I am so excited to be a SAHM..and get to decorating and creating things for my home that I seriously do not have time for right now as a working mom. I love the way you decorate and may be stealing some of your arrangements for my own home! Or at least the basic Idea. Between you and Leah..you got me looking at plates and vases and pitchers in a whole new way, where before I would have simply passed it up.
I can't believe you got a pie safe for 50 bucks!! You practically stole it!! I say fill in inside with quilts and other blankets.. Keep it open, it's so cute!!!
I'm positively DROOLING!!! LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment