Friday is here and I would just like to say a big Hallelujah! We started our school day with prayer and the little boy blessed our food. (He forgot to bless it when it was actually time to pray for our food). The kids were a little hyper as we always have "Fun Friday" and you never know what's going to happen.
Our morning went very quickly and before we knew it, lunchtime arrived. That's when the fun really started happening. One family brought their mini bags of microwave popcorn. (All these neat little ideas for lunches usually end up being a pain for teachers). This did not pop very well and after I finally got it to work, Wes had to end up peeling the paper off of the popcorn it was so buttery. Sounds yummy, but...another brother didn't do so well. When he went to open up his bag we had an explosion of butter everywhere. The two boys beside him got soaked. The one boy always goes home as neat as he came and it got on his shirt, t-shirt, and pants. This of course threw him off for the day.
After lunch we had our music class. This consist of me plunkin' away on the piano and trying to teach the kids some new songs. We started practicing for a chapel special and everyone had their own special part. It came down to the last two boys singing their verse about playing a harp. Of course we do motions and so I showed them how to play one. They started singing and the one started laughing hysterically. I got to looking and his partner was playing his armpit as his "harp."
Made it back to our classroom and before we knew it, our afternoon break was upon us. I took the kids over to the playground with Mr. Grissom and ran inside the office to fix all the letters up for the weekend. One of my boys decided to take another boys finger and twist and pull on it. So a lecture on bullying began. He wasn't able to do "Fun Friday."
We got back to our classroom again and a girl's lunchbox had a yogurt that literally exploded all over inside. It stunk to high heaven!!! I took everything out and washed it off in the sink wanting to gag the whole time. Marvin came along and ended up hosing it out with his garden hose.
One thing about it...if you want a job where something different happens everyday, you need to be a K-1st teacher.
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun day!!! I have had a few of them. You just want to go home and hide under the covers, and never give them a FUN FRIDAY again!!!!
I won't be competing for your job anytime soon!!! Hee Hee Hee!!
Aww! Now you know what it is going to be like when you have your own kids. :)
Jenny, I love reading your blog.
Since I'm teaching music I get these little creatures 2 times a week for 30 minutes. Sometimes it is crazy, but I love it. I can't really imagine having them all day, every day.
Have a good week. Blessings on you!
I agree! there is never a silent moment!!!! Your stories make me miss teaching really bad!!!!!!!
Wow! What a day! Maybe you should change the name of that day to "Frightful Friday"!
Post a Comment