Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An Attempted Skirt

 
I kept seeing this fabric at Hobby Lobby and I loved it every time I walked by. However, I do not claim to be a seamstress and that's usually what you do with fabric-sew! My dear mother has tried to teach me numerous times, but as far as I'm concerned the patterns might as well be in Japanese. 

Can't understand them at. all. 

Seriously. I tried to make a jumper back in the day when I wore a uniform to school. I actually made it 3 different ways and then when Mom tried to rescue it, I hadn't even got a pattern that fit. Apparently they aren't the same sizing as what you wear from a store.  


Needless to say, sewing frustrates me. However, the material kept calling to me and I wondered if I could attempt something for Arilynn. She's small. I wouldn't waste that much money.
  
She is so not cooperative for pictures anymore! :(
The good news is, the sweater is long and hides where I totally messed up. It's a real dandy at the waistline, but no one can see. :)

7 comments:

Aunt Rachel said...

If you had not listed all the problem with it, a person would not see them. It is a very cute skirt.

ng said...

Oh I think it is adorable! You did a great job!

Hannah said...

very cute! Love the print!

Becky said...

I like it

Peggy B. said...

Cute! You will learn yet!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! At least you're trying to sew. My mom and dad bought me a new sewing machine about 5 years ago and I used it maybe 5 or less times. Shame on me. Keep up the good work!

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Adorable! I once sewed a little jumper for my niece... Haven't even attempted anything since! :)