So, you remember that I already revealed what we had the kitchen looking like:
![]() |
| Before: SUPER dark & gloomy. |
| After | I |
I cannot describe to you how dark and depressing this room was!!!!! There was no windows and it was blocked in the middle of the house. It was just gloomy!!!!!! So, I had this genius idea...every once in awhile I get those.
See the doorway to the left? That room was totally random. No door, and you had to go through it to get to a bedroom. Everyone I've talked to that used to live in this house said they weren't quite sure what to do with it. I had been using it as an office. So, I got to thinking, why couldn't the official dining room become the "random" room and we make the "office" and kitchen one huge long room? It would give me a double window, plus the office would increase in size.
So, I approached my dear, hardworking husband and asked if it could be done without the house falling in. You see, it's not very sturdy...for instance, he was nailing up trim in the to-be nursery and had to go back outside and push the window in, but I digress....
He said it wasn't a supporting wall and he could make a beam to go across, yada, yada, yada. So, I called my SIL over and determined that we would not make Wesley do most of the work. We got to knocking out the wall and let's just say we make quite the demolition crew. Since I'm pregnant, I put her through the mill! :) Actually, I'm pretty sure that's what threw my back out of whack. My chiropractor loved it!
It totally transformed the house!!!!!!!!!!!!! The church ok'd laminate and it is unreal the difference in here.
We actually spend time in this room instead of hurrying and eating and getting out.
| See all that light streaming in? :) |
| No lights on in the kitchen and I can still see. |
| Do not examine closely...the house is crooked, OK?!?! |
It's amazing how sunshine can affect one's moods!!! This has been the best change we've made. Replacing random for random.

12 comments:
I'm with you on the sunshine. Now if you could just figure out what to do with the "office" to make it more sunny.
Wow! Doesn't even look like the same house! Amazing! Love it!!!
This looks so nice, Jenny! How great that y'all were able to recreate the space and make it work for your needs.
You know my thoughts on it...Love it!! Made such a big difference - I'm with ya on needing sunlight! Makes one feel so much better!
Unbelievable! I love it! By the way, crooked houses have character...I grew up in one, and wish I had it back! :)
This is one awesome transformation! I, too, love lots of sunlight - it makes a huge difference! The floors look great, too. It's amazing how it opened everything up =)
I LOVE IT!!!! So nice! You are a great Random decorator! I just love it!
So IF i ever get my own house, how do i hire you as my decorator? Or at least follow you around while you shop so I can figure out what to buy? I am not a decorator. I like how things look but could never think them up on my own.
Awesome!
You girls are amazing...& so is Wesley! I'm impressed! :). I love it!!!
Beautiful!! Love the sunshine! :)
As always, I love your creativity! Thanks for taking the time to post.
Post a Comment