Friday, January 4, 2013

Mantel

I got my Christmas decor down fairly quickly this year. (I guess Arilynn's tree is still up. It blends in). We put our tree up as soon as we moved in, so it was up longer than normal. I was excited to decorate my mantel, but it took me forever to finally get anywhere with it. I wanted to go and buy all new things, but that obviously wasn't going to happen. So, after stealing from this room and that and sending Wes outside to cut branches from our tree, I think I finally got it. For now.

GW pitchers and wooden container.
I did buy one new thing with Christmas money-the canister came from TJMaxx.
We went goodwilling when we went home for Christmas and I was super excited to find this topiary. I knew it would look perfect sitting there. Wes was thrilled trying to arrange it in our vehicle with the 500 tons of other things. I heard about it all the way home, but I didn't budge. It was going home with me. Tee hee...
Mom gave me the clock for Christmas! :)



7 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Looks good.

Sheila said...

Looks very pretty! I really like the clock & your new cannister! You never know what you will find at TJ MAXX! ... I still have a dining room table full of decorations that have somehow landed there, to be packed away.

Brittany said...

Looks great! I got all my Christmas stuff down, and that's as far as it got - the mantle is still pretty sad looking. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow...

Karen Walden said...

Looks great, and I love the clock!!

Charity said...

Very pretty!! It looks so nice! I'm almost ready to take down my Christmas stuff. We were late getting it up, and I don't feel like I've had time to enjoy it. Beside the fact that hubs and I have been down with the flu... not much beyond survival happening around here... :/

Hannah said...

Super cute! Great find on the topiary!:)

Hannah said...

Super cute! Great find on the topiary!:)