Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Fat Boy

You can tell Christmas is in the air! My kids at school are becoming very chatty & hyper! Now before you let your thoughts drift, I'm not about to call one of them my blog title. One thing good about it, the extra energy must be helping them get their work done because some are flying through! Hallelujah! Some days it's like pulling teeth to get them to stay focused. The indoor breaks are about to drive me batty, however.

I thought this was funny...perhaps you would have had to be there and to see the boy's face, but...they were trying to feed me some "food." Bryce came up to me with a big basket and told me that it was my appetizer. Wondering if he knew what he was talking about, I started asking some questions. (Skipping all of the details,) we finally got down to me explaining that it wasn't dessert, but the things you could order before your meal-like chips & salsa. A light came on and he said, "Oh, like at Fat Boy's!" The way he said it cracked me up, but I hadn't heard of the place. I asked him where that was. "You know, Big Boy's?!?" Not that I particularly like the restaurant, but now it will be fondly called, "Fat Boy's!"

No comments: