Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DIY Art

I've been SLOWLY working on Weston's room (emphasis on the slowly). I had in mind to accent with "vintage toys" or toys that were made to look vintage. However, vintage prices and I do not agree!! So, on one of our many trips to Christmas Tree Shops (you must go if you ever see one) Rachel spotted these wall art stickers for $1.00. 
That's more like it!! :)

I mounted the stickers on white cardstock and voila! Got the look without the price. 

7 comments:

Carrie said...

You can also pick up old Little Golden Books here and there for really cheap and frame the pages. I've done that before!

Unknown said...

Good idea! Except I'm a children's book lover/collector and I hate the thought of tearing out the pages. Maybe if I find a duplicate I already have! LOL!!!

Sheila said...

Cute! I have a couple of vintage toys...but my brother would kill me if I gave them to you! : ) Keep looking... I love the firetruck!

Brittany said...

Cute idea! I've been on the lookout for vintage toys myself, so far I'm not having a whole lotta luck :( I get all these ideas in my head and then when I actually try to find stuff, I get frustrated when I can't find what I had in mind! It's a sickness...

Michelle said...

I have some "new" vintage looking cars that my son had in his room for a while. He now wants sports theme. Let me know if you are interested. :o)

Michelle

Janella Thompson said...

LOVE, LOVE the idea!!! Looks great!

Josefa Lunares said...

I am a Spanish girl that I discovered your blog and I loved it, congratulations double first I saw that you're pregnant and second home I love it. I wanted to ask if you could install your blog on google translator? I do not understand English very well and I like to go looking at the pictures while reading the translator .... with me much easier, I have it installed on my follower blog.Me do yours if you'd like to someday stop by mine is fashion and decoration .... because one thing that really catches my attention from blogs Americans the kind of house, kitchens that ulitizais ... that here in Spain is different, so I have many blogs that I look everyday to see if he was my little cas paste some ideas from yours.
A big kiss and I'll say something the translator, ok?