Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday Walk

34 Weeks


Yesterday, Wes and I visited the Irwin Gardens for the first time since living here. (I think that's what it's called). It was a nice, quiet, peaceful, HOT walk...We live only about a block from it. Maybe when it cools down we'll revisit.

4 comments:

Karen Walden said...

It is a beautiful place! We went back a year after our wedding and had pictures done in my wedding dress!

Amy Shearer said...

I love that place! Every once in a while they'll open the house up to the public for tours. I'd love to see the inside but have never had a chance!

Amy Shearer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

You found it! I love going there but it is only open to the public on the weekends.

A little local history...
The house belonged to Clementine Tangeman who was a sister to J Irwin Miller. Their father started Irwin Union Bank! At least I think that is the story. The Miller family has been very influential in Columbus...also with Cummins. And I think J I used to be the CEO with Cummins.

Mrs. Miller died a few months ago. In the last few weeks some of their art collection has brought record breaking prices at the art auctions!

So, if you ever get a chance, you need to tour the home.

Glad you took your little walk!